Saturday, 7 October 2017

Food: Even More Plates of Avocado On Toast

I know, I know. Eating dinner out is a distant memory. If somewhere doesn't have avocado on toast on the menu, I probably don't want to go. Here's the current round up of the avocado on toast offerings in Dubai...

The Sum of Us

the sum of us dubai

Ticking off another cafe in the Tom and Serg group, this unique plate of avocado on toast featured half a sesame seed sprinkled avocado and lots of fresh salad. I think The Sum of Us is my favourite Tom and Serg offering. It has its own bakery and coffee roastery and, avocado aside, I would struggle to chose from the menu if I went back.

Tom & Serg (the original)

tom and serg dubai

This is cheating a little as my mum ordered this but Tom and Serg have changed their avocado on toast recipe (former version here) and it now features a perfectly hard-boiled egg. The avocado is hiding under all the greenery. 


parkhouse kite beach dubai

Parkhouse cafe is so adorable - it has quite a British-seaside feel to it, minus the 40 degree heat outside. The avocado on toast here is topped with a perfectly poached egg and a sprinkle of cress. Had a great time watching the sea out of the window while waiting for it to be cool enough to venture outside.

baker and spice dubai

Another favourite Dubai spot and their bread is the absolute best. Probably my favourite avocado on toast in Dubai, here topped with two poached eggs for a change. Yes that is a side of more bread in the background...  


the daily rove hotel brunch

The Daily does a bargain AED100 brunch which includes - you've guessed - avocado on toast (and a coffee, unlimited juices, fresh fruit and baked goods). Topped with two poached eggs, roasted peppers and a sprinkle of cheese. Top marks for crockery and lovely service, too.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig