Friday, 1 September 2017

Life: August Round-Up

August is over and that means that I'm turning 30 (or twenty-ten as I am now calling it) this month. August has been a good month in many ways - partly because I discovered that I can order iced coffee from 1762 via WhatsApp and partly because I'm no longer even a little bit bothered about saying goodbye to my twenties. The last month of them has been good, very good, but aside from the ability to look (and feel) slightly perkier on zero sleep I wouldn't go back to the self-doubt of being 23, or even 28, if you paid me my weight in Louboutins (and that's not a hint for what I want for my birthday).


1. I started the month with the oddest craving for yellow American mustard in a squeezy bottle so the solution was to go to Shake Shack. Their veggie burger is okay. Their chips are excellent.

2. Venturing onto my balcony before 6am. It's getting a little bit cooler here everyday - I thought I was crying joyful tears when I felt a slight breeze a few mornings ago before I realised that it was sand being blown into my eyes.

3. I cannot disclose how many avocados were eaten in the attempt to make this avocado rose.

4. I love all things celestial (I have a tattoo of a planet) so had to buy this horoscope constellations plate from West Elm when I went in there to purchase cutlery (which was not purchased).

5. Post sunrise yoga at Zoga - an obvious addiction to iced coffee forms when its been 45 degrees for the past three months.

6. Poke at Circle Cafe because its the prettiest lunch and yes, that matters.

7. A quick trip back to London which made me appreciate fluffy clouds and the ability to (somewhat) function on very little sleep.

8. Seeing Conor Oberst at the Shepherd's Bush Empire was more wonderful than I can even describe. I'm sure it would make him feel awkward but I would love to thank him for providing the soundtrack to my life for the past twelve years.

9. Just checking that London's still looking good - I might not be back again for a whole twelve months and that's okay because London is never not going to be there for me.
Share:

5 comments

  1. LOVE that West Elm plate, might even consider picking up one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get to eat all the avocados? ;-)
    Wow 12 months? That's insane!
    Ahhh still need to try Poke. Do you know anywhere in London (near Leicester Square area?) I'm there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plate is lovely - not a bad month overall. I'm glad you're not fussed about turning 30. The old adage about age being nothing but a number is true- it's all about how you feel, rather than the numbers on your birth certificate. Have a lovely birthday, whatever you plan to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the avocado rose!
    That plate is so pretty too- I would have chosen that over cutlery any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fries at Shake Shack are the beeeest! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig