Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Food: Christmas Left-Overs - Festive Falafel Salad

Christmas and salads may not be the most obvious of combinations but after accidentally picking the coffee truffle out of a proffered box of chocolate last week I think we could all do with a break from traditional festive fare before the big day.


Florette sent me a box of recipe inspiration for this time of year - apple and cinnamon tea, satsumas, dried cranberries and cinnamon and sugar topped flatbreads (I love cinnamon and happily put it on everything).

I created a festive falafel salad for this month's challenge, it's warming and hearty for December and a great way to use up Christmas party leftovers. Roasted butternut squash would be a great addition, too - anything that adds some festive colour and much-needed goodness at this time of year.


For my festive bowl I used:

- Florette crispy salad leaves
- baba ghanoush (recipe here - its the best dip)
- hummus
- falafel (Leon's version is the best or you can cheat and buy some pre-made if its too much effort at this time of year)
- beetroot
- dried cranberries as a hummus topper
- a sprinkle of smoked paprika for festive colour

Tinsel optional when serving.



lilylipstick
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ahh I love falafels! So tasty. This has literally all my favourite things in it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! I love falafels and hummus, and beetroot- basically all of it!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig