Florette sent me a box of recipe inspiration for this time of year - apple and cinnamon tea, satsumas, dried cranberries and cinnamon and sugar topped flatbreads (I love cinnamon and happily put it on everything).
I created a festive falafel salad for this month's challenge, it's warming and hearty for December and a great way to use up Christmas party leftovers. Roasted butternut squash would be a great addition, too - anything that adds some festive colour and much-needed goodness at this time of year.
For my festive bowl I used:
- Florette crispy salad leaves
- baba ghanoush (recipe here - its the best dip)
- falafel (Leon's version is the best or you can cheat and buy some pre-made if its too much effort at this time of year)
- dried cranberries as a hummus topper
- a sprinkle of smoked paprika for festive colour
Tinsel optional when serving.