Monday, 14 November 2016

Food: Caramelised Goats Cheese Salad With Dark Chocolate Dressing

Yes, you read the post title correctly. This month Florette challenged me to put together a "swavoury" salad and I obliged. The idea of using chocolate in a salad recipe may seem bizarre but remember that ten years ago we'd never heard of salted caramel and now you can get a salted caramel candle!

This salad is inspired by the goats cheese and honeycomb starter served at Duck and Waffle but with a dark chocolate dressing. Maybe not one to serve to dieting friends but I love the idea of serving this at a dinner party along with a couple of other salad plates for everyone to dip into. Salads may not seem like an obvious winter choice but this one is so hearty and filling. It's like hygge on a plate and is such a painless way to eat your greens.

dark chocolate salad dressing

dark chocolate salad dressing

Ingredients:

Salad -
1 bag Florette Baby Leaf and Rocket
Goats cheese (I used a soft variety but any kind will work)
Blueberries (a handful)
Dried figs (4-5 chopped up)
Baby beetroot (I used a pre-prepared pack)
Pumpkin seeds

Dressing -
Dark chocolate (80% cocoa)
Honey
Balsamic vinegar

Method:

Arrange the leaves, blueberries, dried figs and baby beetroot on your plate. Heat a non stick pan and add the sliced goats cheese, after a minute add a drizzle of runny honey and cook until the cheese is brown and bubbling. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate (I used a quarter of a large bar) in the microwave, stir in the honey and the balsamic vinegar until its at a "dressing consistency" -  I didn't measure my ingredients. Add the goats cheese to the salad, drizzle the dressing over and finish with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.

dark chocolate salad dressing

Have you tried any "swavoury" cooking?

Share:

2 comments

  1. This sound LUSH. Love goat's cheese. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I love goat's cheese and beetroot, such a great combination.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig