This month, Florette challenged me to put together an autumn-inspired lunchbox because salads are for life and not just for summer. This is super easy to put together and uses ingredients that may be in your fridge needing to be put to use or you can batch cook the quinoa and sweet potatoes for this recipe and use them throughout the week.
Florette Crispy leaves - cooked sweet potato (cubed) - cooked quinoa - feta cheese - sun-dried tomatoes - artichoke hearts
Prepare the ingredients:
1. Cook 1 cup (dry) of quinoa according to packet instructions with a pinch of salt and a good squeeze of lemon juice. You won't need all of the quinoa in this salad so save the rest for making buddha bowls or my quinoa sushi.
2. Slice up your sweet potatoes into 1cm disks and place on a baking tray, brushed with a little coconut oil. Roast for 20-25 until softened. Save the leftover sweet potato for the next day's lunch (or do as I did and eat for breakfast with a sprinkle of cinnamon - less strange than it sounds).
1. Mix Florette Crispy leaves with some quinoa as the base of your salad.
2. Layer up with chopped up cubes of sweet potato and crumble on the feta.
3. Avoid a soggy salad by putting the sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts in a separate compartment - add to the salad when ready to eat.