Sunday, 7 August 2016

London: Vegan Eats and Treats at Tanya's Cafe

Being slightly East London based means that West London feels far, far away in more than just the tube journey there. However, a few friends call this part of town home and both separately told me how much I’d love Tanya’s Café so I’ve recently made two visits because, yes, they were right, it’s awesome.

Tanya's Chelsea review

Tanya’s is located in the MyHotel, Chelsea and is a bright and airy café with a terrace area for warmer evenings. The hotel is tucked away on a side street but it’s not far from South Kensington tube and from the museums. They take bookings but on both evenings I’ve visited it hasn’t been particularly busy but I imagine that weekends and lunchtimes are another story.

Tanya's Chelsea review

The menu is pretty simple and all the food is gluten, wheat, dairy and refined sugar free. On both visits I feasted on a salad bowl – trying the Europa and Asia Adventures. Salads get a bad rep but these are packed full of texture and flavour making them a joy to eat and super filling. I especially loved the Asia bowl for it’s Korean influences. At £9.50 each these bowls are pretty reasonable considering the fresh ingredients and the part of town we are in. The menu has an extensive drinks page – anything from nut “mylks”, smoothies, juices and healthy lattes. The juices are a little pricey but they are extracted via a Norwalk juicer which makes them nutrient packed – the MyAlkaliser was delicious and a much-needed immune system boost after all the travelling I’ve done recently.
Tanya's Chelsea review

Tanya's Chelsea review

On to the desserts which are temptingly displayed in a fridge near the entrance. These desserts are amazing. I hate it when people say it’s “hard to believe” that something is vegan – these definitely do taste different to regular desserts but they are decadent, rich and so full of flavour. The amount of times I’ve ordered dessert in a regular restaurant only for it to taste blah means that I rarely do these days but while these desserts look like small portions they are so flavour packed that they are all you need. The peanut butter cheesecake is a must if you’re a peanut butter fan, it’s so intensely peanut-y.

Tanya's Chelsea review

Tanya's Chelsea review

Tanya’s is a great spot for vegans, veggies and anyone looking to try something a little different – if you’re not usually a fan of this sort of food it’s a great introduction as the menu explains both the dishes and the ideas behind them - the focus is firmly on delicious food in a chilled out environment rather than the fact that it's "raw" and "vegan". I'll be back to work my way through more of the dessert cabinet... 

lilylipstick
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

2 comments

  1. Sounds delicious. I'm a big salad fan - I think you can get way more flavour in a meal with a salad with all the different ingredient combos and add-ins. And I'll dessert whether it's vegan, sugar-free, paleo, dairy-free, grain-free - WHATEVER, I will eat it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing!!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig