Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Food: Coconut Coffee Cocktails

I'll take any excuse for a cocktail. Currently, it's summer and whether it's a lazy Sunday brunch or a 5pm pick-me-up an espresso martini is always a safe bet. Lacking in cocktail mixologist skills, I've created my own coffee cocktail creations using condensed and evaporated coconut milks from Wing Yip. The coconut milks are dairy free, gluten free and vegan and perfect for sweet or savoury cooking. And smoothies, coffees and cocktails, too. I created two coffee themed cocktails, inspired by my love of espresso martinis and the Vietnamese iced coffees (made with condensed milk - so good!) that I drank daily while travelling around Vietnam earlier this year.


Coconut Latte-tini

This one is so easy. Fill a glass with ice and add equal parts cold brew (I use Jamie Oliver's method), vanilla vodka and condensed coconut milk. Stir gently and sip through a straw. Perfect for a lazy summer brunch as a slightly milder espresso martini.


Coffee Dulce De Leche

This is more of a dessert than a drink - it's indulgent but the coffee stops it being too sickly sweet. Start by mixing cold brew and coffee liqueur in a small glass until half full. Slowly pour in the evaporated coconut milk and gently stir with the end of a spoon until layers form. I drizzled some of the evaporated milk around the rim of the glass for that Pinterest-look.



See you at cocktail hour!

Share:

1 comment

  1. Love these- I mix the Vietnamese coffee concoctions so much. Shamefully, since getting back we still haven't used (or properly figured out how) our filter press thingies- the ones that seemed to be in every cafe and hotel sitting atop condensed milk coffee. I sense a weekend project coming!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig