Monday, 27 June 2016

Food: Made With Sunshine Salad

This time of year is my favourite - regardless of whether its actually sunny outside the long days just make me so happy. This month, Florette challenged me to created a colourful, sunshine-inspired salad and I gladly took up the challenge. This salad is quick and easy to throw together, looks oh-so-pretty and is vegan.


My inspiration box contained bruschetta, soft dried fruits and sherry vinegar. The sherry vinegar is a revelation and has currently replaced my love of balsamic - it has more of a vinegary kick to it which I adore as I love pickles and gherkins. Fruit in salad is great during the summer months and these soft dried fruits are so much tastier than regular dried fruit - the dried pears are especially good. Using the colour wheel for inspiration, I created a concentric-circle salad full of different colours, flavours and textures - perfect for eating al-fresco or (as I did) in front of your sport of choice on the telly (I unashamedly love Euro 2016).

colourful vegan salad

colourful vegan salad

There's not really a recipe for this - I just arranged Florette Crispy leaves, courgetti, chopped red cabbage in circles and then added dried peaches to the cabbage part, dried pear to the courgetti and dried pineapple to the leaves. The bruschetta croutons add some crunch and a drizzle of sherry vinegar is all it needs. Happy colourful eating!

colourful vegan salad

colourful vegan salad


lilylipstick
Share:

2 comments

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig