Sunday, 10 April 2016

Fashion: Summer Wishlist

I don't know, we get one day of blue skies and bright sunshine and despite the temperature being in the low teens I find myself heading out to do errands in a beach dress and heart-shaped sunglasses (worn with a coat and trainers like the style icon I am). I'm a summer girl through and through and can't say no to the opportunity to replenish my summer wardrobe, even though summer pieces past have been worn so infrequently they are still as good as they were when purchased in 2010. Sometimes you just want new things even if you don't need them, right?

As I skip towards my late 20s and as I still haven't grown any taller than 5'2" my summer picks are less trend-led and more just what I want to wear when the sun is out and I'm in a park with a can of M&S gin and tonic in hand. I love sea-like blues and whites, cool fabrics and pieces that I can layer up and start wearing now and well into September too. For a non-jeans wearer I'm currently loving all things denim. Denim skirts were my sixth-form casual staple and it makes me feel both old and young again to see so many of them in the shops this season (although mine will have a slightly longer hemline in 2016 compared to 2006). I'm slowly trying to make my style a little less "girlie girl" but I'll never be able to resist a floral dress for summer and as for the sandals, being a grown-up and germaphobe means no more flip flops in London, sorry credit card...


1. Applique Babydoll Sundress - Topshop
2. Oversized denim jacket - Topshop
3. Alice Embroidered Top - Oasis
4. V&A Harriet Ruffle Dress - Oasis
5. High Waist Denim Skirt - Topshop
6. Bardot Frill Off-Shoulder Top - Topshop
7. Oriana Leather Sandals - Church

What's on your summer wishlist?

lilylipstick
Share:

2 comments

  1. This wishlist is making me so excited for the summer. Love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig