Thursday, 3 March 2016

Workwear: Three Ways To Wear Co-Ords

After a long time feeling very uninspired about my Monday - Friday wardrobe (no dress down days where I'm currently working), I finally pried open my wallet to purchase some new workwear. While filling up a gap between yoga and a late lunch (ouch so middle class) I popped into M&S and picked up a co-ord set of a whim (top and skirt). For less than £60 I now have three new work outfit combinations and look like I'm vying to be an extra in Orange Is The New Black (who am I kidding, that would be the dream!).

1. Co-Ord O'Clock

Matchy-matchy isn't my usual style but I loved this set the instant I tried it - I went up one size for a looser fit and because body-con and office isn't a good combination. This outfit is smart enough for the conservative office environment I work in but the optical-illusion-esque stripes make it fun enough to wear out after work, too. Worn with trusty black Louboutins in the office and far more practical Nike Frees out of the office.

m&s striped pencil skirt

m&s striped pencil skirt

2. Print Clash 

Yes, I'm wearing trousers. I still can't really get used to wearing trousers but this pair (purchased from an Old Navy store in Shanghai during a brief torrential downpour) deserved a third outing. Sticking to a monochrome palette but with different prints hopefully didn't give everyone who looked at me a headache...

m&s striped pencil skirt

m&s striped pencil skirt

3. Spots and Stripes

Letting the skirt take centre stage with an old favourite black H&M top and a vintage belt. I'm only 5'1 and always thought that pencil skirts were on the long list of things-that-look-terrible-on-me but I've found that when they are high-waisted and not so long that I can only take baby steps they're actually a great choice for those of us who are not blessed with long legs.

m&s striped pencil skirt

m&s striped pencil skirt



Share:

4 comments

  1. OMG when I saw you wearing this I thought it was a dress, clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I've always been scared of pencil skirts too- maybe I need to get my hands on one! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig