Monday, 22 February 2016

MyFragranceApp - Find Your Scent

Shopping for perfume, whether for yourself or as a gift isn't the easiest task - there are so many brands to choose from and new fragrances are being launched so often that it can seem impossible to pick one that you or someone in your life will love.

The Fragrance Shop have recently launched MyFragranceApp (iOS and Android) which helps you to build a scent profile and gives recommendations based on your style and personality. You can also use the app to purchase your favourite scents, track down offers and discounts and (as a little feel good factor) 5p of every transaction gets donated towards the "Spray A Little Happiness" charity initiative.

The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
I tested out the app to see if it could find me a signature fragrance - I like floral, feminine fragrances but also like crisp unisex scents too.
The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
The process involves selecting colours and images you are most drawn to.
The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
Making my choice...there's also an option to put a price range on your preferred scent and to name your top three current scents to help narrow down your choices.
The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
My results - Anna Sui and Chloe are my current go-to scents. 
The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
My selections - I've not tried Narciso but Chanel Chance is another favourite, much lighter and fresher than the classic Chanel fragrances.
In return for reviewing MyFragranceApp, I received the Discovery Club's quarterly "Discovery Box" - the current box focuses on classic scents and is a great chance to rediscover some of the more popular scents which you may not have tried if (like me) you're always swayed by packaging and new launches. The box contains a mix of male and female fragrances (Daddy Lipstick being a grateful recipient of the male ones - he loves Boss Bottled) to try, my favourite being Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. A fresh floral and fruity scent with a distinctive bergamot note, it's perfect for daytime and would be a great summer scent. The paired back bottle means that it wouldn't have stood out for me when browsing fragrances but it's a classic scent for a reason and a perfect addition to my "fragrance wardrobe".

The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
The slim box fits through the letter box.  
The Fragrance Shop Discovery Box
The current selection - Nina Ricci, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Paco Rabanne, Jimmy Choo, Issy Miyaki and Dolce & Gabbana scents for him and her.
What is your signature fragrance?

Share:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a fun app. I have one or two signature scents which I wear on a daily basis and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cool app! I really would love to try it out and see! x

    Xtina G Says..

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig