Thursday, 28 January 2016

Salad Secrets - Eat Well Feel Good

This month Florette challenged me to use their new Superfood Salad in a recipe. The superfood salad mix contains baby chard, baby kale, spinach, beetroot and rocket so it's the perfect salad base for getting creative with. As well as being tasty, these leaves are high in Vitamin A which helps the immune system function (vital for this time of year) and Folic Acid which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue (again, a winter essential). The leaves are also a source of Calcium which is great if you don't eat dairy - people seem to think that cow's milk is the only source of calcium but if you don't drink or don't like milk it's still possible to get calcium from a plant-based diet.

Florette sent me a bundle of goodies - I love matcha tea so half this box is already gone and pomegranate morasses seems to crop up in a lot of recipes I've been reading lately so I couldn't wait to try it out myself.

January goodies - how fun does the lemon squeezer look? Ooh, I'm getting excited about kitchen utensils - am I a grown-up now?
I decided to go with a green theme because loading up on greens definitely makes me feel better at this time of year - if the sky is going to insist on being grey then my food can be as colourful as possible (fruits and vegetables, not peanut M&Ms sadly!). I chose a mix of vegetables with different textures, tofu for a source of protein and sunflower seeds for crunch (and Vitamin E to help keep skin healthy against the elements).

Asian-Inspired Superfood Salad (serves 2)

1 bag Florette Superfood Salad
1 small bag each of green peas, broccoli and sugarsnap peas
1 block of basil tofu
Pomegranate molasses, soya sauce and wasabi to dress
Sunflower seeds

Divide the superfood salad leaves between two bowls. Cook the vegetables (I microwaved mine) and add to the salad - toss everything together to warm up the salad and allow the leaves to wilt a little. Slice the tofu thinly and fry in a non-stick pan for two minutes on each side (no need to add oil as the basil tofu is already infused with it). Top the salad with the tofu and make the dressing by mixing the pomegranate molasses, soya sauce and a dash of wasabi paste in a separate dish. Add a final sprinkle of sunflower seeds for a bit of crunch.

The perfect winter lunch - ready in less than ten minutes and packed full of goodness and colour.



Check out the #EatWellFeelGood and #SaladSecrets hashtags on Instagram for more superfood recipe inspiration!

lilylipstick
Share:

2 comments

  1. This looks so delicious. I'm so wary of tofu after my ex-bf's dad used to just chuck it into anything with no seasoning and it tasted bloody vile. But after having it in China I fell in love; just not sure about eating it in the UK yet!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig