Tuesday, 8 December 2015

London Pop-Ups: Le Bun at The Zetter Bar & Lounge

It's been a while since burgers have graced this blog. Burger queen Hannah suggested that Sophie and I go for lunch at the Le Bun pop-up at The Zetter in Clerkenwell and after a quick Google of the menu to check there was a veggie option I had to agree. Burgers seem to be the food trend that just refuses to go away and after not having one for months I was excited to try out Le Bun as its travelling food truck has a great reputation and The Zetter is a lovely little spot in Clerkenwell (the bar is great if you're visiting in the evening). Another plus? You can book online - perfect for if you've seen those food truck Instagrams but can't quite face messily eating outside in December.

Le Bun at Le Zetter runs until 20th December so get down there fast - it was super busy when we visited so book a table and get ready for an American/French match made in burger heaven - I'm going to try to find a time in my December diary to revisit for Le Bun Brunch.

Le Bun Zetter Clerkenwell
Hannah and Sophie had Le Truffle Cheeseburger and I had Le Chèvre Bun. We did have a portion of chips each and didn't share the pictured portion between three of us! 
Le Bun Zetter Clerkenwell
Veggie burgers can be hit and miss (with the emphasis on the latter - I used to eat meat so a burger made of mushed together veg is definitely going to be a let down!) but with so many people cutting out or cutting down on meat, there's definitely a need for decent veggie burgers. Fortunately, Le Bun satisfies this - the Le Chèvre burger was not only very yummy with a huge slice of melty goats cheese but looked pretty with the contrasting purple cabbage and green pickles. 
Le Bun Zetter Clerkenwell
The burgers were a great size - not huge and messy to eat but not teeny tiny either. Just right. For £7.50 for the burger and £3 for chips the prices are on par with most London burger restaurants. It would be unfair to compare a meat-less burger with my burger escapades of past but Le Bun scores highly for ambience, location and price and the menu is varied and has a few non-burger options if you've already had enough burgers for one lifetime! 
Bored of burgers? Or still in love with them? Let me know! 
lilylipstick
Share:

3 comments

  1. Yuuuum, so sad I missed out! Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a bonus burger before the 20th! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved their burgers but thought the chips were a bit of a let down...! Such a nice spot though, it was fun when The Grain Store did a pop up there over a summer so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Definitely better than most burgers I've had here, in France!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig