Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Insta-Outfits - Party Edition

As a child, this time of year meant an advent calendar and a trip to Santa's Grotto in Selfridges. As an adult its a chance to wear the (disproportionately large) "party" section of my wardrobe. This year, I've said yes to every invite and have, at the same time, banned myself from buying anything new (even on Black Friday). So here's what I've been wearing so far and there's still a few more dress up occasions and, of course, NYE to go...

1. Vuelio Blog Awards - an awards ceremony at a five-start hotel in the City, for which I didn't read the dress code until I was halfway through getting ready....

ASOS dress (sale purchase a couple of seasons ago), AdR for H&M charm bracelet, Topshop hairband (and not my plaiting skill). 
Finishing touches - Toyshop coat, Carvela shoes, Vivienne Westwood Handbag (borrowed from Mummy Lipstick)
2. Work Christmas Party - navigating party dressing with "I have to see these people everyday at work"...

My work Christmas party had a black tie / James Bond theme - I went with the later as an excuse to wear this Goldfinger-inspired dress bought from H&M a few years ago,
Finishing touches - John Lewis cape and American Apparel watch.

3. Ice Skating at Somerset House

It's tradition for my friend HP to have an ice-skating birthday party. In past years we've worn ball gowns but as a sensible adult I wanted to wear something I could layer up against the gale force wind. My top is from H&M a couple of years ago and my skirt is from Poprageous but this was the first time I'd worn it! Only right to wear a skater skirt to go skating...
Finishing touches - red coat from Dorothy Perkins and fur cape as worn above.

4. Tokyo Nights - Night Tales' Tokyo-themed experience - sadly now closed but I love all things Japan and had to go last Friday night:

Top: Vintage Next (my mum used to wear this in the 80s - I remember seeing her dressed up in it and going out to a "dinner and dance"), Skirt is from the Indian version of Primark. 

5. Afternoon Tea at Sketch with Blogger pals:

I went through a big "red" phrase around 2011/2012 - this Primark dress has been amazing, I still love it and unlike most of my Primark purchases it hasn't (yet) fallen apart.  
Finishing touches - red coat, red Longchamp bag and red gelish nails - totally forgot that the interior of Sketch is all pink and that this would be a total colour clash! 
What have you been wearing this festive season?

lilylipstick
Share:

6 comments

  1. Such lovely outfits! Adore the Vivienne Westwood handbag. I often borrow handbags from my mum (especially her Mulberry ones hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, that Pacman skirt is immense! The purple shoes, the VW bag, the gold dress - so much good!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your festive outfits. The one for your work party is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfits Lily - the red dress looks so much more expensive than Primark!

    Caz | thisiscaz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red dress! Good for you for not buying anything new. I'm going to cut down on my spending. Recently I've felt like I'm collecting clothes rather than buying them to actually wear them.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig