Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Snacktime - PERK!ER Bar Review & Giveway - CLOSED

Since starting work four (!) years ago, the 4pm slump/snack attack is an all too familiar part of every weekday. I'm always on the look out for new snacks to try so when Perkier got in touch about their quinoa and sprouted grain bars I couldn't wait for 4pm to come around! I like to keep my weekday snacks healthy and energising because being slumped in a post-brownie sugar crash on your keyboard is not ideal for being employee of the month... Perkier Bars are 100% plant-based, free from gluten, wheat and dairy, low GI (meaning no sugar peaks and crashes) and suitable for vegetarians and vegans which meets my healthy snacking requirements (they are also super portable and ideal for those of us who haven't quite got around to batch preparing our own work snacks!).

The four-bar range features three quinoa-based bars and one oat-based bar. I am pleased to confirm that they are all very tasty - after all, you can stock up on all the superfoods, quinoa and kale in the world but if it doesn't taste good then life is not going to be fun and the vending machine will still be loudly calling... The bars are around the 150 calorie mark and the ingredients are all pronounceable and, y'know, actually food rather than mysterious additives. All of the bars are a good source of protein and fibre too making them great on-the-go choices.

The range
Cashew, Chia & Pumpkin Seed Quinoa Bar - Chia seeds are a great source of Omega 3 and help to give this bar 5.4g of protein which will keep you satisfied until dinner time. I found this bar the least sweet out of the four due to it containing seeds rather than fruit. The cashews give a great creamy but crunchy texture.

Goji & Cranberry Quinoa Bar - Goji berries are a tasty super berry containing vitamin A to help maintain healthy vision and a healthy immune system (essential if your colleagues have come down with the winter lurgy) - they are also my favourite superfood! The quinoa is chewy and the bars have a really satisfying texture.

Cacao & Cashew - this chocolatey bar is perfect for when you fancy a chocolate fix without any nasties. Cacao retains its vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (unlike cocoa which is heavily processed) so chocolate can actually be good for you!

Cranberry & Cashew Oat Bar - this oat-based bar is enriched with sprouted buckwheat which enhances the bioavailability of the vitamins and minerals that the grain contains. Despite the name, buckwheat is not actually wheat and so this bar is still gluten free. This bar has a flapjack-like texture and also makes a perfect breakfast on the go.

The bars are great with a peppermint tea for an afternoon boost! 
The cranberry & cashew oat bar and the cacao & cashew quinoa bar.
Perkier have a two week supply to give away to one of my readers (UK only) so get entering and #GetYourPerkyOn!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


What is your favourite healthy snack?
lilylipstick
Share:

34 comments

  1. I love to make my own Flapjack using banana, peanut butter, oats and honey. A healthy and nutritious bite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goji Berry & Cranberry one sounds really nice! My favourite healthy treat is definitely banana pancakes - so good and they don't taste healthy at all!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like nuts, any sort, as a healthy snack, and chocolate covered raisins as a not quite healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all nuts and I like those Bounce protein balls

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite healthy snack is muller light yogurts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love almonds or fresh fruit as a healthy snack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frozen grapes are a great healthy snack...you even have to eat them slowly. Taste like sorbet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to eat frozen yogurt with strawberries & banana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rice crackers and crispbreads xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raw almonds, or if I "need" something sweet a granola bar
    Sheila R @CakeReev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am slightly addicted to Cashew Cookie Nakd bars but I also love carrot sticks and hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always eating carrot sticks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love raw carrots at the moment! Or a handful of almonds....or sometimes both together

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love grapes as a snack

    Lynsey Buchanan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like my dried fruit and nuts. Trying very hard to lose some weight before Christmas and they are very delicious and keep me from snacking on the unhealthier stuff. Not sure it's working that hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love fresh fruit, some grapes and apple

    ReplyDelete
  17. I quite like avocados and toast! With a bit of sea salt. =) And if it's sweet, I like a handful of almonds, dark chocolate, and dried cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love eating carrot sticks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are trying to diet at the moment so our snacking is on nuts, seeds, celery, cucumber & carrot sticks with homemade red pepper houmous x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like to make my own protein balls using dates, a variety of seeds and nuts and coconut butter. If I'm feeling decadent I will also add some cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favourite healthy snack is Granny Smith apples

    Kelly Ellen Hirst

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love munching on dried blueberries and dried apple :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Strawberries , blueberries and grapes

    ReplyDelete
  24. perkier snacks are so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig