Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Getting Nakd - Healthy Vegan Snacking

As December and Christmas come near there is definitely no shortage of sweet treats to eat but a steady diet of mince pies and Quality Street may not result in us feeling our best. I'm all for enjoying sweet treats but I definitely appreciate them more when they're not a daily occurrence... However, my sweet tooth still needs something to keep it happy and so for the past few years the Cocoa Delight and Cocoa Orange Nakd Bars have been top of my snacking list! When Nakd Wholefoods got in touch about their range of healthy snack bars I couldn't wait to try the other flavours on offer and stock my kitchen and work drawer with something more virtuous than the usual treats on offer at this time of year...

Nakd Bar Review
The range of flavours.
Nakd Bar Review
The Chocolate-y Ones: Perfect for a mid-afternoon chocolate fix, these bars all contain dates, cashews, raisins, cocoa and a hint of natural flavourings". All are under 145 calories and they are all gluten, wheat and dairy free. I love the Cocoa Orange flavour - it tastes so indulgent and the Caffe Mocha flavour is one that I haven't seen on sale before but I will definitely be tracking it down as even though I rarely drink coffee these days I still love all thins coffee-flavoured. 
Nakd Bar Review
The Fruity Ones: The Berry Delight was my surprise favourite out of these three - containing dates, cashews, raisins, raspberries and a hint of natural flavouring this would make the perfect breakfast bar - all of the bars count as one of your five-a-day too! The Rhubarb & Custard and Bakewell tart bars are both made of dates, cashews, raisins and natural flavouring - these two bars are the sweetest of the lot, even my sweet tooth found these two to be very sweet but for less than 140 calories each and no refined sugar they're a much better choice for a sweet hit. They seem to be big hits on Instagram with the healthy foodie crowd too - I've also seen a Christmas Pud bar pop up on my feed recently too which I need to track down.
Nakd Bar Review
The Nutty Ones: Cashew Cookie is the simplest bar ingredients-wise - just dates and cashews. Pecan Pie tastes very nutty and contains dates, pecans and almonds and Ginger Bread has the same ingredients list but with added ginger, cloves and cinnamon which give it a lovely flavour (my favourite of the nutty bars). These bars taste like the most "healthy" of the lot - although they do have slightly more calories than the other bars - Pecan Pie comes in at 156 calories but all of these come from good natural ingredients, no weird additives or strange sweeteners here. 
Nakd Bar Review
The Caffe Mocha Nakd Bar with an afternoon coffee for a double coffee hit! 
Nakd Bar Review
Banana "nice cream" (two frozen bananas blended in the NutriBullet) topped with cinnamon and the Ginger Bread Nakd Bar for a wintery take on a summer favourite. 
What flavour do you like the sound of most?


lilylipstick
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig