Friday, 20 November 2015

Black Friday with Boohoo

Next Friday isn't just any old Friday (although any old Friday is still a welcome day in my book!) but is Black Friday - an American import which is now one of the most important days in the British retail calendar, too. Black Friday marks four (!) weeks until Christmas Day and is the perfect chance to get your Christmas shopping sorted with discounts abounding and retailers pulling out all the stops to get your to part with your hard-earned cash - any excuse to self-gift while you're doing Christmas shopping is fine by me...

Boohoo invited me to put together an all-black outfit for Black Friday - what other colour would be appropriate? I opted for the Mia midi-dress which can be dressed up or down for any occasion and is definitely worthy of a place in any winter wardrobe - I pretty much only wear dresses (unless I'm at the gym) so one with long sleeves and a longer length is perfect for this time of year. To dress it up for a weekend dinner party I chose the Vanessa faux fur gilet -  a piece that would work a denim miniskirt and a polo neck for a casual vibe and will also be accompanying my Christmas party dresses in December for some much-needed warmth. The final touch to this outfit is the Imogen turban headband - picking an unusual accessory in black is a great way to ease yourself in to a trend piece and with the crazy weather we are having at the moment this is perfect for keeping my hair in control while making me feel a tiny little bit 1920s silent movie actress (at least more than my usual messy top-knot!).

These pieces work so well together but will also be mixed and matched with my existing more colourful wardrobe items, too. I usually avoid black as it can feel a bit too work-like but I loved wearing an all-black outfit which played with lengths, styles and textures and this definitely did not feel office-y in any way. There's also something about black which is timeless and makes you feel put together and in control more than any other colour. I accented the all-black ensemble with my own gold jewellery but kept my make-up simple as the all-black outfit was statement enough (Coco Chanel in the poster behind me would approve, I hope!).

Boohoo Black Friday

Boohoo Black Friday

Boohoo Black Friday

Are you planning on any spending sprees for Black Friday?

RE: Boo Black Fr



lilylipstick
Share:

3 comments

  1. You look INCREDIBLE!

    I'm probably going to have a look around for Christmas presents on black friday, but I've done way too much shopping for myself lately, so I better avoid certain places. Haha!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh black Friday...hectic but fun :) I just got some workout gear from Boohoo. Very nice indeed! Cheap and mostly cotton but really good for the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love an all black look. This is a lovely outfit. The gilet looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig