Friday, 9 October 2015

Now We Are Six

I feel like I only just hit publish on my rather gushy fifth blog birthday post but, having counted the years on my fingers (twice), the blog is now six years old. My one memory of my sixth birthday is receiving the A.A.Milne "Now We Are Six" book from the sweet and very tiny elderly lady living next door on one of my frequent visits for a slice of homemade cake and a catch-up.


For my blog's sixth birthday, I give you this picture of my friend K's birthday cake and a another year of looking back on life through the lens of Instagram and the rose-tinted filter of the internet. I hope that in the last year I've managed to share a little more of me and a less less of things I've bought. I've tried to put into worlds the awesomeness that is running the London marathon and tried to say that it's ok to be 28 and living alone and ok to not feel bad about not having a boyfriend (it definitely is ok to want to stick pins in your eyes when you are asked for the fifty thousandth time though).

I've still bought ridiculous things but I've thought more about what I eat, what's going on inside my head and who I really am. And that's hopefully a little more then "Diet Coke addicted red lipstick wearer" (happy days deleting references to the evil fizz from all my social media biographies). I half forget that most of my now real-life friends came into my life thanks to blogging and I half forget that none of my pre-blog and met-in-the-real-world friends have blogs or even really "get" what I do with the majority of my spare time. To the latter group - apologies for not letting you eat your food until I've photographed it.

So here's to another year - I think six is a good age to be:

When I was five,
I was just alive,
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever, 
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever 

Share:

4 comments

  1. It's funny how time flies and nice to read a post that isn't damning the changing world of the blog. I've been aware of your blog for 3 or 4 years but it's only in the last 6 months or so I've started reading- I'm more drawn to the personal blogs than ever before. Congratulations on your second 6th Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, happy 6th birthday to the blog!! This is one odd world, eh? Timehop et al keeps reminding me that the dream team and variations of is almost a 4-year strong jobby. Insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6th Birthday to your blog! Where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday! :) Six years is a long time to have been blogging for. I love being able to look back at posts and see how blogs have developed since starting out.
    Here's to the next six years!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig