Sunday, 23 August 2015

Lunching Ladies - The Black Penny and Chifafa

I had a couple of days off work last week for my friend S's wedding but took some time out from wedding celebrations for a spot of lunching and catching up with some of my favourite ladies. Having days off work in London makes me feel like I'm playing truant from school - wandering down Oxford Street at 10am I half expected someone to ask me why I wasn't at work but it's blissful being able to get things done when everyone else is locked away in their offices (ha ha).




Dress - Joy (similar), Leggings - Uniqlo, Denim Jacket - House of Holland (similar),  Sandals - Office
Photos by Sarah 
I stopped by Keash Braids at Urban Outfitters on Oxford Street to get my hair braided - since having shorter hair I've been at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it for events but loved the 90s / festival vibe of this style. It took around half an hour to do and lasted a full two days - much better than a blow dry in this weird humid weather we've been having.


On Thursday I met Sarah for lunch at The Black Penny on Great Queen Street. This is the cutest lunch spot - the menu changes daily with a selection of salads and sandwiches. The cakes looked awesome too but I managed to resist on this occasion (weddings are great diet motivation, even as a guest). I had a tasty piece of salmon with three different salads and felt virtuous. Top marks too for the mini succulent on the table.



On Friday, Hannah and I were kindly treated to lunch at Chifafa on Clerkenwell Road. Chifafa definitely isn't your average kebab shop - everything is fresh and healthy and you can pick between a kebab wrap, a rice box or a salad box. It's a great spot for lunch or for a quick dinner - it was busy when we visited but there are a few table inside to grab a spot at.  I had a halloumi rice box which was so tasty and filling and one of my favourite Rebel Kitchen drinks. Hannah had a lamp kebab wrap which looked super tasty. I'll definitely be back to try the falafel soon - it's great that there are two veggie options as when making food plans I still forget that I don't eat meat anymore!

Have you had any week time downtime lately?
lilylipstick
Share:

5 comments

  1. So lovely to see you! I'm definitely going back to The Black Penny soon!


    My Sentimental Heart

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shorter hair length really suits you - I've been thinking about going shorter myself. Your braids remind me of my youth, my mum used to pull so hard when she was braiding my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lunch looks so healthy and delicious! I love a good lunch find like that - all about foods that don't make you feel tired and sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having free time during the week - it's such a rare treat. I love your dress - perfect for chilling round town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the 90s vibe of your hair, I used to beg my mum to do my hair like this all the time! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig