Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Hyper Japan - The 02 12.07.2015

Hyper Japan just gets bigger and better every year. I attended last year and so had an idea of what to expect but being held in the O2 was a huge improvement on past venues. Spreading across three areas the exhibition was such an immersion into Japanese culture and a great way to escape London for a few hours without the 12 hour flight.

I arrived early - this event is always so, so busy and draws such a mixture of people; from Japanese ex-pats looking for a taste of home, Cosplay-ers showing off their crazy costumes or just a group of "lads" doing the most terrible karaoke I have ever heard in the gaming zone. I (predictably) spent most of my time int the fashion area, resisting taking all of the plushies home with me... The food area is such a treat too with Japanese street food at really reasonable prices - all the sadder that my chewing capabilities are down at the moment when takoyaki was only £3 (deep fried balls of pancake with octopus tentacles inside - way nicer than it sounds, believe me!).

Hyper Japan 2015
Imagine how little I'd get done if I had a Nintendo DS?
Hyper Japan 2015
Taking over the O2 - this was the fashion and food area.
Hyper Japan 2015
This is what my childhood looked like.

Hyper Japan 2015
Giant miso soup.
Hyper Japan 2015
Have a break - have a purple sweet potato mini KitKat? 
Hyper Japan 2015
The rainbow one really, really wanted to come home with me.
Hyper Japan 2015
Matcha and red bean shaved ice.
If you can't wait until next summer for your hit of all things Japanese then fear not - the Hyper Japan Christmas market is coming to Tobacco Dock on the 27th-29th November - see you there!

Have you visited Hyper Japan?

Share:

6 comments

  1. I think I need to visit the Christmas market!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so much fun - definitely count me in for the Christmas market!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rainbow one definitely would have come home with me I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so cool!! London is good for stuff like this. But sweet potato Kitkats, what!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post and pictures. I didn't go this year but hopefully the next :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hyper Japan looks amazing! I hope I get to go next year.
    - Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig