Friday, 26 June 2015

Smartsun - Staying Safe In The Sun



As a self-confessed "summer person" I couldn't be happier that sunny days are finally here. My mood is always so much better in the summer and I love getting outdoors to exercise and get my vitamin D fix. Despite the positive effects of sunshine, the sun can be really harmful to our skin causing burning, wrinkles and skin cancer. Even if you're not getting away this summer, it's still important to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun.  Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the UK with over 2,000 people dying from it every year - despite the fact that we think we live in a country where its constantly grey and rainy.

To help us enjoy the sun safely, Smartsun have developed UV indicator wristbands to alert you to when its time to top-up the sunscreen or if you should avoid the sun for the rest of the day. The wristband starts of yellow and will turn beige when its time to re-apply sunscreen and pink when its time to stay out of the sun.

smartsun uv band review


I think these are a great idea for festivals when its easy to forget to top up the sun protection or days on the beach when you want to safely catch some rays without harming your skin. I'm one of those people who is fastidious about applying suncream in the morning but I often forget to re-apply it throughout the day so hopefully these bands will remind me to do so. I wore mine to see Blur at BST last week and due to the torrential downpour it didn't change colour but keep an eye on my Instagram and I'll be sure to post a colour-changed one once I've been out and about in the sun a bit more!

The wristbands are available here in a pack of 5.



lilylipstick
Share:

3 comments

  1. These are a really great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a great idea, I hate the sun so I just lurk around in the shade with my factor 50 on haha!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. I often get too distracted with having fun in the sun to stay safe so it's nice to have a reminder.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig