Wednesday, 24 June 2015

#SaladSecrets with Florette

Those of you who follow me on Instagram will have seen the delightfully instagrammable venue in which Florette held their #SaladSecrets event. After being greeted with a kale-tail (a cocktail containing kale, duh) we were treated to a salad making demo by the girls from Lunch Bxd and a talk on the health benefits of salad by The Lean Machines (while trying not to be distracted by taking a sneaky peak at their Instagram account...).

Then it was on to the food. Salad definitely isn't a bland diet food -we sampled a quinoa veggie tagine, a ceasar salad and a  peppercress and lime cheesecake. With summer and lighter evenings here, salads are a perfect quick and easy lunch or dinner. The key is to make them colourful and varied and the Florette leaves are a great base to get creative with (and a huge time saver).

Florette Salad Recipe
The healthiest cocktail I've ever had.
Florette Salad Recipe
The conservatory at Bourne and Hollingsworth buildings was the perfect setting for a salad event - look at all that greenery!
Florette Salad Recipe
Super yummy quinoa tagine.
Florette Salad Recipe
A classic caesar salad.
Florette Salad Recipe
Peppercress and lime cheesecake - a very decadent way to eat salad ingredients!
With Wimbledon coming up this month, I've created a tennis-inspired salad for some mid-match munching. We all know that Wimbledon means Pimms but while it's fruit-packed its not exactly healthy... Here is my Pimms-inspired salad for a healthy, tasty tennis treat- glass of Pimms on the side optional!

Florette Salad Recipe


Florette Salad Recipe

So easy to make and it tastes so summery:

1. Arrange Florette Peppery Crispy leaves on a plate. The peppery leaves tone down the sweet strawberries and are the perfect texture and flavour contrast (the key to an interesting and satisfying salad).

2. Halve and de-seed half a cucumber, halve or quarter your strawberries and tear up some mint leaves - scatter on top of the salad leaves.

3. Dress with balsamic vinegar to off-set the sweet strawberries and you're ready to get back to the tennis watching!

What's your favourite salad?
lilylipstick
Share:

6 comments

  1. That cheesecake looks so good! Also loving the look of the salad you made, strawberries are the perfect addition! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had strawberries and salad - ooh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovelt event - the venue is so gorgeous! I love the idea of the cheesecake, I'd never thought about getting salad in to dessert! x

    www.ellebloggs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the venue is so amazing. lovely cheesecake:)

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures made me so hungry. I am definitely going to try the last salad. I don`t know why, but i never mix veggies and fruits, but this looks so tasty.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of adding fruit to a salad... Sometimes I struggle to make my lunchtime salads exciting so I think I'll be giving that a go! My favourite kind of a salad is roasted vegetables and cous cous with grilled halloumi <3

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig