Saturday, 6 June 2015

Saturday and Sunday Brunch - The Modern Pantry and Tart's Kitchen

Weekend brunch is still winning as my favourite meal. Last weekend I re-visted an old favourite and tried out a new pop-up for the best meal of the day (and often the week).

But first, an outfit. I wore this for Saturday brunch with Hannah and Sarah (thanks to Sarah for the snaps). Clerkenwell Green is such a nice spot - you wouldn't think it was just a stone's throw from the city, it has such a nice chilled vibe and so many good restaurants. This telephone box couldn't wait to get in on the outfit snaps too.




Dress: Oliver Bonas (similar)
Sandals: Office

I couldn't resist this dress - both for the bulldog print and the back detail. Although the lovely British weather meant that it wasn't quite time to wear it bare legged and without a jacket!

Saturday brunch at the Modern Pantry didn't disappoint. It's one of my favourite brunch spots and the town house setting makes me feel like I'm having brunch in the home of a friend with a lot of money and excellent decor taste. Hannah had the cornbread with a side of halloumi which I secretly wished I had ordered - it looked so good. Sarah opted for the scrambled eggs with mushroom and tomatoes, a classic done well. I ordered something which sounded odd on the menu and, yes, was a little strange but nice all the same - coconut waffles topped with pineapple and nut butter. I guess I felt in need of sugar after a hard morning at a Louboutin sample sale...

brunch modern pantry

brunch modern pantry

brunch modern pantry

brunch modern pantry

Sunday brunch with my friend P was at the new pop-up Tart's Kitchen in Queen's Park. The restaurant has open been for only a few weeks but was so busy when we visited. The menu is simple and written onto a chalk board and orders are placed at a counter covered in the most delicious-looking cakes. P had the baked banana bread and I went for the savoury option this time with the child fried egg. The food was delicious - the kind that I wish I could make at home if I had time and cooking skill - and the communal tables and shabby chic setting was really cute. While the service was a little hit and miss it was super friendly and hopefully Tart's Kitchen will find a permanent spot soon as the food was spot on.

brunch tart's kitchen

brunch tart's kitchen

What's your favourite brunch dish? (Or do I even need to ask given the amount of avocado toast on Instagram...)

Share:

4 comments

  1. The waffle sounds incredible! And I love the dress!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Modern Pantry is always a winner! Love the dress too :)

    Love Lucy x

    http://lucyvictoriajackson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! The dress is so pretty & the food look really yumm <3

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig