Monday, 29 June 2015

Working It - Lomax, Chelsea

If you watch Made In Chelsea (I don't) then you might have seen the characters (/cast?) training at Lomax Chelsea. I actually first heard of it reading Steph's blog and got myself signed up for a free trial of their Cycle Blast class. I love how much the fitness industry in London has changed recently - a standard gym membership seems a bit dull when you can class hop around different studios and do a spin class here, a hot yoga class there. It definitely allows for a bit more flexibility, especially if, like me, you'd rather spend the warmer months exercising outdoors than in a sweaty gym.

Lomax is on the Fulham Road and is a small but bright studio packing a lot in. Lomax offers group classes (from intense Blast classes to Pilates), personal training, nutrition advice and has a small but perfectly formed cafe and chill out space. The changing rooms are awesome with private shower rooms laden with Ren toiletries and complimentary towels. I did a Cycle Blast class which was an intense 45 minutes in the underground cycle studio. The class was fast paced but the soundtrack and instructor were awesome so the time flew by  - unlike my usual spin class a few tracks incorporated arm weights which added a new element of challenge (the weights were only 2.5kg but for someone who never uses free weights this felt quite heavy!). Be warned - it does get very sweaty but thank goodness for the complimentary water, it was needed!

The Grill Market cafe provided the perfect post-class (and post-shower!) refuel. I opted for a green protein smoothie but was very tempted by the protein pancakes. The lunch options looked great too and it makes a nice change from my old gym which had a vending machine containing crisps and fizzy drinks in the entrance. The range of juices, nut butters and healthy baked goods means that if I lived more locally I'd definitely be popping in often.

Lomax Chelsea Review
Gym #OOTD - New Balance leggings, Forever 21 top. I bought so much gym kit in the US where it was all super cheap!
Lomax Chelsea Review
The upstairs space features gym equipment and a small studio for classes.
Lomax Chelsea Review
Imbibery cold pressed juices and a paleo Scotch eggs. 
Lomax Chelsea Review
The underground spin studio.
Lomax Chelsea Review
Great post-class food options in the Grill Market cafe.
Lomax Chelsea Review
My ombre green protein shake.

What's your favourite workout?

Share:

3 comments

  1. Looks like a cool gym. I definitely think it's time for me to join a gym now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you made it down to Lomax :) I actually do watch made in Chelsea off and on but didn't know the 'cast' trained there, but it doesn't surprise me! The underground spin studio looks very cool... They were renovating it when I went so I didn't get to see it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us.
    מקלחון לאמבטיה

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig