Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Staying Healthy With Myvitamins

We all know that a healthy diet is the best way to get all the vitamins our body needs but sometimes modern life just gets in the way. I can't say that I always get my 5-a-day or that I don't sometimes eat popcorn for dinner, despite my best intentions to be healthy. While vitamins aren't an excuse to eat badly, they can be a great supplement to our diet - especially during busy times.

I was sent some vitamins to try from Myvitamins and packed them in my suitcase for my trip to the US. I always become a bit of a germaphobe on long-haul flights (ten hours of re-cycled air can't be healthy) and sometimes find that as soon as I take a break my body treats it as permission to get ill. Those 25 days of annual leave are too precious to feel anything less than 100% amazing so I packed these to keep healthy while enjoying all that Vegas has to offer (more on that soon...).

my vitamins review

I tried the Raspberry Vitamin C Effervescent and the Total Green Tea Extract. Both stylishly packaged and easily portable.

my vitamins review

I've been taking a daily vitamin C supplement sine last September and am pleased to say that I haven't had a cold since then. These effervescent tablets are a great way to start the day with 1000mg of vitamin C which is beneficial to the immune system. If you work in an office where at least someone has a cold at any given point and /or ever set foot on public transport then your immune system could definitely do with some help! These raspberry flavour tablets taste great and the flavour isn't over-powering or fake-tasting like some vitamins can be. The tube is really easy for packing or keeping on your desk at work. I've got into the habit of having a vitamin C drink first thing and now the day doesn't feel right if I don't!

my vitamins review

Green tea has so many health benefits. I used to drink a lot of it at uni but never seem to find the time to make cups of it throughout the day anymore. These green tea extract tablets are tiny and yet   contain the equivalent of 1000mg of green tea. Green tea is a great antioxidant which helps protect our bodies. Green tea has also been reported as having weight loss benefits and due to the small amount of caffeine it contains it acts as an energy boost without the crash and burn of a double espresso.  These would be a great pick if you don't like the taste of green tea and want the antioxidant protection and for when you're travelling and can't always make a cup (American hotels don't seem to do the tea-making-facilities thing).

What vitamins do you take?



Share:

1 comment

  1. I don't take any vitamins at the moment, but I definitely need some vit C I think! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig