Wednesday, 1 April 2015

March Round-Up

It's hard to believe that March is over when it's still so bloody cold outside. I cannot wait to start wearing my summer clothes so hopefully the weather sorts itself out soon! Weather aside, it's been a great month - I've done a lot of running, took a few days out to chill back at my parents' (forgot how much I loved watching Neighbours twice in one day) and had an awesome weekend in Paris. Blog-wise I was so overwhelmed by the responses I got to my post about being single - I had been thinking of writing it for a long time and I'm so glad I finally did (even if writing about personal stuff is a million times more scary than sharing outfit pictures!).

Here's what I've been up to in March:


1. Using my Nutribullet to make my first batch of Deliciously Ella raw brownies - so good that I've made them again three times since! I have also been loving healthy no-bake treats and baked oats.

2. I had the most amazing weekend in Paris where I ran the Semi de Paris and had an early taste of spring weather.

3. A glimmer of sun on another long weekend run while I train for the London marathon. I did my longest run so far - 20 miles - on Saturday so the final countdown is on!

4. The Ruling Class at the theatre - such an odd but hilarious play. James McAvoy was amazing in this - not quite sure why people were leaving at the interval.

5. Post-theatre Mishkins with Hannah and Elodie - I had one cocktail which tasted so strong after not really drinking and this amazing bagel.

6. More Nutribullet experimenting with a "cereal milk smoothie" - recipe here. This actually tasted so good and is healthy-ish.

7. Mother's Day lunch at The Wolseley - always tip-top service and their cake table is the best.

8. Pineapple Breton-stripes for spring (available here).

9. Tea and carrot cake in John Lewis. Free cake is my favourite sort of cake.


1. The most amazing Oreo cake at Drink Shop and Do with a much-needed (and very NSFW) catch-up with Hannah and Lauren.

2. The V&A did a day of Persian New Year celebrations so my parents and I popped along for traditional music, poetry and origami.

3. Cake in the V&A. Once the marathon is over I'm going to have to scale back my cake consumption a bit...

4. Clarence Darrow at The Old Vic - so, so good. Kevin Spacey has to be one of the most amazing actors I've seen perform.

5.Family feast at Byron - courgette fries for me as always and my parents loved their first Byron burgers (I'm such a good daughter...).

6. Pho catch-ups at One New Change.

7. First Creme Egg for about ten years and they have definitely got smaller and somehow don't really taste of anything?

8. V&A Friday Late - such a civilized night out and this late was themed around the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibition. The edible bubbles were so much fun!

9. The most beautiful owl at the V&A late - I don't think I've ever touched anything so soft (or touched an owl before).

How was your March?


Share:

3 comments

  1. Beautiful post, I loved all of the photographs and the Oreo cake looked incredible!

    Best wishes,

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creme eggs are very disappointing now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a Creme Egg in so long, but very put off by all of the recent news about them being so different.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig