Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Snack Ideas: Easy No-Bake Vegan Treats

I love a sweet tread mid-afternoon but hate the sugar crash that a lot of sweet treats result in. I'm always looking for ways to beat the 4pm slump which won't derail my healthy eating and these two are perfect. Super easy and quick to make, no oven or blender required and tasty enough to feel like a treat while being vegan and free of refined sugar.

First up, oaty cookies:

I adapted this recipe, leaving out the flaxseed and topping with my guilt free chocolate sauce (raw cacao powder mixed with melted coconut oil). The finished cookies will keep in the fridge or freezer and are perfect for popping into a mini tupperwear for an on the go snack or as a quick breakfast.


Next, crispie cakes.


These were one of my favourite things to make as a child - they're so easy and fun. This version tastes super indulgent and is definitely more of an afternoon snack or dessert. I used this recipe but with peanut butter rather than almond butter. After setting in the fridge, the crispie cake can be cut into squares and kept to hand for snacking or sharing. My parents loved this and couldn't believe that it didn't contain any butter or sugar.


What are your favourite healthy treats?
lilylipstick
Share:

7 comments

  1. I love flapjacks - I make a coconut oil and p-butter version with honey, no butter and no sugar. So good! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ideas Lily! It's great to have some homemade healthy snacks on hand for the afternoon energy slump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound so yummy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I have a sudden urge to make crispie cakes!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crispy cakes are my favourite ans this looks amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig