Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Perfect Pizza

Who doesn't like pizza? I'm all for the eating of pizza but last week I got a chance to make one at Pizza Express and it tasted all the better for my "efforts". In all fairness, it was a bit of a pizza cheat as we were given the dough so didn't have to worry about mixing up the ingredients for this but stretching it out was a bit of a challenge and far more difficult than the pizza experts made it look!

Once the difficult part of getting the dough in the pan was done, it was topping time - mine was topped with mini peppers, black olives, lots of spinach, chicken and the all-important cheese (not sure if this topping will be making it on to the menu any time soon...). The cheese should always go on last and the toppings shouldn't be piled on too generously otherwise the dreaded soggy bottom is a risk!


I am obsessed with the new Layout app from Instagram - it definitely helps to fill in the time on tube journeys when I probably should be reading or doing something a bit more productive. Seeing the finished pizza makes me want to eat it all over again although maybe I should have a go at one of those cauliflower base pizzas like this one?

Have you tried making pizza?
 
lilylipstick
Share:

5 comments

  1. I love making pizza, it's always so tempting to add lots of toppings but like you say, that's never a good idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pizza, I deprived myself for about ten years and now can't get enough! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love having pizza at home but haven't been brave enough to make my own dough, I really want to try a cauliflower base as well! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good pizza and really should get into the habit of making my own more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know you've been practicing your pizza skills. You're going to need these when you visit!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig