Sunday, 8 March 2015

Lush - New Purchases

I haven't had a good Lush haul for a while but after seeing the "Unicorn Horn" bubble bar all over Instagram, I knew I had to have one. I also picked up a few other bits on my visit - I'm trying to use more natural products on my skin this year so brands like Lush, Balance Me and Ren are high on my list. I'm not about to start washing my hair in vinegar or quit using deodorant but the aim is to only use products that I can actually pronounce the name of all the ingredients, both for my skin and the environment. 

Lush blog review

Lush blog review

Lush blog review

Lush blog review

Firstly, the Unicorn Horn - this was almost too pretty to use but on gloomy cold evenings I love nothing more than reading a magazine in the bath so I actually used this the day after buying it! Unicorn Horn results in the most perfect bath - soft bubbles, beautifully scented water and the fragrance made my whole (very tiny) flat smell lovely for days. The Secret Garden is a traditional Lush bath bomb - look at it fizzing away! I managed to get two used out of this although the second use resulted in the bath being full of the "secret" dried flowers inside which, as lovely as they are, do end up blocking the plug hole!

The Turkish Delight shower smoothie is perfect for mornings when an hour-long bath is not an option. It smells beautiful, like summer in the countryside (I imagine) and unlike regular shower gels leaves my skin feeling really soft with a lasting fragrance. Hair-wise I picked up a Godiva shampoo and conditioner bar for the gym - I hate lugging hair products around with me and so this is perfect for my gym bag. I've used a few of these shampoo bars in the past and really like them - this one leaves my hair clean and soft and smells amazing. I also picked up Big shampoo as since getting my hair cut shorter it already looks a lot thicker but anything to boost this is still appreciated - this smells like a summer beach and gives serious volume. Probably not one for dry or damaged hair but if you have normal or fine hair its definitely worth a try. I got a free sample of the Big conditioner as I've always been intrigued about solid conditioners. A little of this goes a long way and it's perfect if you don't want to un-do the effects of the volumising shampoo.

Skincare wise, I picked up the Imperialis moisturiser as due to all the running I've been doing my skin has been so dry and I've actually needed to use moisturiser every day for the first time. This is recommended for skin that's "in between" which I feel mine is - I've graduated from the teenage skincare section but I'm not quite ready for the anti-aging section yet (I hope). Finally, I picked up a Charity Pot handcream for my desk at work and because it's all for a good cause.

Phew! That was a lot of goodies and a lot of "it smells amazing".

Have you picked up and Lush products lately?
Share:

6 comments

  1. I do love a good lush haul!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love how bright and colourful Lush products are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the turkish delight and the unicorn horn! Rebecca | www.rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Lush but I think I need to break that habit!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The unicorn horn looks so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The unicorn horn sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig