Thursday, 5 March 2015

5 Minute Chocolate Pudding In A Jar - Healthy, Dairy and Gluten Free

I'm glad I didn't give up chocolate for Lent. While a KitKat is hardly brimming with health benefits raw chocolate is a superfood and is full of magnesium, calcium and contains no sugar or artificial nasties. I've been experimenting with making my own chocolate-y creations which are easy, healthy and, most importantly, super tasty. I'm a big fan of dark chocolate and raw chocolate has a similar taste - it's rich and slightly bitter and won't leave you with a sugar crash a few hours later.

These chocolate pudding pots are so easy to make and can be whipped up in less than five minutes - they are free from refined sugar and high in protein and are served in a jar which is how all the kids on Pinterest seem to serve all food items these days.

Gluten free chocolate microwave pudding

Gluten free chocolate microwave pudding

Gluten free chocolate microwave pudding

This recipe makes one serving so there are no tempting leftovers (I use a set of American cups for measurements but there's no need to be super precise with this):

Coconut oil - half a teaspoon
Cacao - two (generously) heaped teaspoons
Maca* - half a teaspoon
Sweet Freedom** - one teaspoon
Almond milk - one tablespoon
Egg whites - one tablespoon (I use Two Chicks which I talk about here)

In a jar or mug (I used a jar of coconut oil which had a tiny amount left) combine the coconut oil, sweetener of choice, cacao powder, maca powder and almond milk. Microwave for 20 seconds so that it's easier to combine everything and mix really well - it should look like melted chocolate. Add the egg whites and mix again. Make sure that there is a good inch of spare jar for the mixture to rise. Pop in the microwave for 40 seconds (keep an eye on it depending on how powerful your microwave is) - when the pudding has risen fully give it another 10 second blast and you're done! Leave to cool for a minute or so and dig in (mini spoon = maximum enjoyment)!

*Optional - maca is a Peruvian powder which helps with energy levels, it has a malty taste and I love putting it in porridge, smoothies and healthy desserts.
**Or agave, maple syrup or honey - any natural sweetener will work. I like Sweet Freedom which is made from fruit sugars and is sold in Waitrose - it's very sweet so a little goes a long way.
Have you tried raw chocolate?

Share:

4 comments

  1. I've never tried chocolate like this! Totally need to as it would be great to have something a bit healthier than a mini egg addiction! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this out, it looks much healthier than my current twix obsession! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like my kinda pud! Healthy but tastes indulgent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy!! Will definitely have to give this a try. I love using raw chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig