Monday, 23 February 2015

Party Like It's 1979

Last weekend I had a little house-warming for my very little house. I can't really have a "party" because my entire flat is basically one room and my neighbours are allergic to noise (and I have spent quite a bit on decorating and live in fear of spilled drinks) so an indoor Sunday picnic was in order. My flat was built in the 1970s and I've kept the theme up with my decor, so obviously the party had a 1970s spin too:

1970s party food
1970s cutlery.
1970s party food
Floor picnic because I don't have a table.
1970s party food
Cheese and pineapple on coloured cocktail sticks. Why did this ever go away - it's so good (and possible to make in the tiniest of kitchens).
1970s party food
All the retro sweet things I could find.
1970s party food
Angel Delight and mandarin orange segments.
Just add chit-chat and lots of (not very 1970s) Diet Coke. Having friends round almost makes me feel like a real "welcome to my crib" grown-up, even if we're sitting on the floor eating off of paper plates!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Wow such a great idea to do a party. All dishes are looking delicious! Have a great day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally assumed the angel delight was blancmange (I've not had that since the 90s!) Love the 70s theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese and pineapple sticks takes me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the best party, you can't go wrong with cheese and pineapple!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig