Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Review: Lunch at The Folly

To celebrate Mummy Lipstick's birthday (it can't be helped but surely January is the worst month in which to have a birthday?) we headed to The Folly for lunch. Located on Gracechurch Street in the heart of the City, at weekends The Folly is a really chilled out destination for brunch, lunch and 4pm G&Ts. In the week it's rammed with City folk but at the weekend the City is really quiet and actually quite pleasant to wander around - Leadenhall Market and the garden of St Dunstan's In The East are my favourite hidden gems among the banks and growing collection of novelty buildings like the Walkie Talkie and the Cheesegrater. I also love some of the street names in the City - Threadneedle Street just sounds so lovely and Milk Street and Honey Street always make me smile. While a lot of City bars and restaurants have quite a bland, corporate vibe The Folly is really quirky and doesn't require a banker's bonus to work your way through the cocktails list.

The Folly Review
Mummy and Daddy Lipstick had the Sunday roast which they said was really good.
The Folly Review
I had possibly the most blogger cliche plate of food possible - a halloumi and hummus burger with the bun substituted for avocado and a side of sweet potato fries, definitely all of my favourite foods on one plate...
The Folly Review
...which I then Instagrammed. Unashamedly basic bitch, I know. The fries were so good and halloumi is practically a food group for me so I was happy.
The Folly Review
This is the "Goldfish In A Bag" cocktail which is a must-try - gin, vodka and less than 100 calories.
The Folly Review
Our shared dessert was flaming baked Alaska - I'd never had this before but it was so good.

It's always fun to take my parents to my favourite hang-outs (well, the ones which are parent-suitable at least!).
What would be on your plate of favourite foods?
Square Meal
Share:

6 comments

  1. Lily you're always hanging out in such amazing places!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your burger looks amazing! That's my idea of food heaven right there, with a side of skinny fries and extra hummus to dip them in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! Looks so good, need to try it. I love taking my fam to my fave London places as well, it's so nice for them to finally see what I yap on about! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are some delicious dishes, especially the burgers. Hope you enjoyed your lunch! Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That burger looks amazing!! Would have gone for that also.
    Looks a really nice place to eat.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just seen a tasty looking burger on another blog and now yours. I'm now craving a burger!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig