Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Edible Christmas Gifts - Rocky Road Cupcakes

Now, you all know that I'm not much of a domestic goddess but I fancied making some edible Christmas gifts as it's always nice to give something homemade and everyone I know has far too much stuff already and edible gifts do not usually last for very long! (Well, that's my hope with these).

I made some rocky road cupcakes - they are so easy and can be made vegan and gluten free if you so choose, just check the packaging of what you buy. Mine are vegan but are definitely not healthy!

I adapted a recipe I found online but the beauty of these cakes is that you don't really need to be too precise with the measurements, I don't own a scale so just guessed and they turned out fine.

Gather ingredients. I used half the chocolate, half the biscuits, a small handful each of the dates and cherries, one spoon of Golden Syrup and a splash of unpictured almond milk. The chocolate, biscuits and fruit can be switched for your favourites - you could even add mini marshmallows or nuts or experiment with different biscuits. Post not affiliated with Waitrose, its just my nearest food shop, sorry wallet!
Melt the chocolate with the syrup and almond milk. in the microwave, as it gets more melty do it in short bursts to avoid burning the chocolate.
Chop fruits. Lazy tip - use scissors rather than a knife.
Put biscuits in a zip lock bag. Crush with rolling pin or bottle of gin if you don't own a rolling pin.
Add biscuits to melted chocolate.
Mix in fruits.
Spoon mixture into cupcake cakes, sprinkle with edible bronze and leave to set in the fridge.
Are you making any homemade gifts this year?
Share:

2 comments

  1. I could eat one of these right now!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so yummy! Like Sophie, I could eat one of these right now too! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig