Friday, 7 November 2014

#BootTribe - Your Winter Boot Wardrobe

It's definitely getting wintery outside and its time to embrace winter boots. Whether you favour an ankle boot, a knee boot or an over the knee boot, there's a #BootTribe for everyone. I'm a big fan of the knee boot as its the best of the three tribes at working with both my work and play wardrobe. Since moving into a tiny flat I'm trying to have a capsule wardrobe as I only have space for hard-working pieces (and carrying around separate heels and flats is terrible for your back!).

I've picked out Duo's Avron knee boot as they're smart enough for work without being too office-y and definitely suitable for play with their hidden wedge heel.


For work:

Feeling a little bit 1970s with this outfit! I love wearing classic shapes in unexpected colours and this orange check skirt is perfect (it'd work well on weekends too with a cosy knit). I'm not a fan of matchy-matchy suits and always pick a contrasting jacket - this tweed blazer is great for a chilly office (or for a meeting). I've finished the outfit off (and kept to the 70s theme) with a cute pussy-bow blouse.

For play:

Aztec print is still going strong and I love this overlay dress (I was very tempted to buy it in Topshop last week for a winter pick-me-up!). A school style satchel adds a touch of nostalgia and is roomy enough for all your weekend essentials - this one is in the sale (it's the weekend so black boots and a brown bag is fine!). Finish the outfit off with a (faux) fur gilet - perfect for chilly days (just keep your fingers crossed that it stays dry...)

What #BootTribe are you in?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig