Sunday, 19 October 2014

Lunch At Langan's

September is an exciting month for my family - Daddy Lipstick and I have our birthday's and it's mummy and daddy's wedding anniversary (32 years this year!). I disappeared to China for most of the month so we didn't get around to celebrating until last weekend - oops! 

The Wolseley is our usual "celebratory meal" venue of choice but feeling like a change I booked us a table just around the corner at Langan's. The menu is traditional British brasserie food, nothing mind-blowingly new but the restaurant is London institution for a reason - everything was well-presented, tasted amazing and the service was spot on. We'll probably be back! The setting is less grand than the Wolseley but I loved the art adorned walls and references to the owners (Michael Caine and Peter Langan). The restaurant is relaxed but definitely a celebratory sort of place with most of the tables occupied by families lunching and chatting.

Daddy Lipstick snapped some outfit photos of me before we left - it was a surprisingly sunny day in the end and we walked off lunch with a wander through the busy streets of Mayfair and Soho, places that I usually avoid on weekends but in the autumn sunshine it was lovely to have a wander, pointing out my favourite haunts to my parents while we walked and chatted and making the most of not wearing coats and carrying umbrellas!




Oh Hai, Mummy Lipstick!
Crochet jumper, ASOS (similar); Pencil skirt, Spitalfields Market (similar), Denim jacket, Henry Holland (similar), Bag, Mulberry; Shoes, c/o Duo
I had the burger which came with red onion rings. Optional cheese or bacon can be added but I had it plain, medium rare - one of the nicest burgers I've had for a while! Mummy Lipstick and I shared a portion of fries as we wanted dessert too - definitely a wise move as the portion was huge!
Mummy Lipstick tucking in in the background!
For dessert it wasn't hard choosing when there was something on the menu named "chocolate platter". Our waiter suggested that this was a good dessert to share. Mummy Lipstick and I ordered one each - what's a celebration without your own dessert? Dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate cheese cake and milk chocolate ice cream - yum!
Have you visited Langan's?
Share:

3 comments

  1. YUUUM, those onion rings. Hope you had the best huge celebration Lily - your Mama is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving mummy lipstick getting in on the action!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you paired the skirt with a denim jacket and brogues.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig