Friday, 5 September 2014

Taking Stock

Hi.
September might be the end of summer (although I agree with Sophie, don't wish it away too soon) but for me it always feels like a new start, too.

My birthday is in the middle of September (the 16th) and the slight chill in the air brings back memories of "back to school" - new shoes, new starts and (most importantly) new stationary. It's ten years since I stepped of the school bus to start my A-Levels at a new school - a first day that will forever be ingrained in my memory for being absolutely terrifying and at the same time the beginning of everything my life is now - and a year since I started my new job (I'll be "celebrating my work anniversary" as LinkedIn refers to it). My life will always be tied to the academic year, September feels so much more like a "new start" than dreary January ever will. I'm excited to turn 27 (since feeling all "quarter life crisis about turning 25 I now feel young again), to reflect back on an amazing summer (maybe just maybe the best ever) and to think about new adventures...

Taking Stock is inspired by Bee (original source here).

Making :: Loom bands, still.
Cooking :: Courgetti, one of the few things I can cook.
Drinking :: Gin, Vita Coco Cafe when its not gin o'clock.
Reading :: Less Than Zero by Brett Easton Ellis.
Wanting :: Everything (while realising I don't really need anything).
Looking :: Like I need to invest in an eyeliner that doesn't smudge all over my face.
Playing :: With the Hyperlapse app and trying to figure out what the fuss is.
Deciding :: Whether a 6am alarm and a spin class tomorrow morning is a yes or no.
Wishing :: That life be simpler but no less enjoyable for it.
Enjoying :: Mother Lipstick patiently listening to me talk about domain names without knowing what they are.
Waiting :: For the rest of my furniture to be delivered so I can finally unpack my boxes.
Liking :: Statuses on Facebook, photos on Instagram. As always.
Wondering :: How a cycle of Facebook / Gmail / Instagram / WhatsApp came to constitute "a night in".
Loving :: Life, London, the people I've met through this crazy blogging thing.
Pondering :: Why some people don't have "moons" on their nails and why this bothers me so.
Considering :: Whether shorter hair would be more or less time consuming.
Watching :: Orange Is The New Black, Utopia and The Great British Bake Off.
Hoping :: For more fun, more adventures, soon.

Marvelling :: At how much stuff I have managed to accumulate in a very small space.
Needing :: To have a huge sort out and give half my wardrobe to charity. To worry less.
Smelling :: Rose incense in my flat.
Wearing :: Topshop dress, bare legs, bare feet.
Following :: Symmetry Breakfast on Instragram.
Noticing :: A spider on my ceiling and trying to un-notice it.
Knowing :: That I need to start running more ahead of my half marathon.
Thinking :: Too much about everything.
Feeling :: Content, no regrets, excitement.
Admiring :: The colour of the sky at this time of night.
Sorting :: My thoughts, my belongings. An ongoing and never-ending process.
Buying :: Travel toiletries for my upcoming trip to China.
Getting :: Excited about said trip to China.
Bookmarking :: Time Out Shanghai for inspiration.
Disliking :: The spider on my ceiling.
Opening :: My post, when I remember to check it.
Giggling :: When it's most inappropriate to do so.
Snacking :: On Propercorn popcorn.
Coveting :: ASOS new season arrivals.
Helping :: Where I can.
Hearing :: Arcade Fire's - "Here Comes The Night Time".

Have you taken stock lately?
Share:

5 comments

  1. Absolutely loving this post lily and don't you look gorgeous!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy upcoming birthday! I'll be 27 too on the 15th, however I am DEFINITELY feeling ancient with the new 18 year old students starting at work! Hope you have a great birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!

    Hope you had a great day today - sorry I couldn't be there!!!!!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    PS - I'm loving the signature, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday is at the end of October and I always use it as an opportunity to take stock too! There's a lot I'd like to do next year but I'm not doing too badly!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely that you are taking part too :) reminds me I need to do another one! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig