Monday, 29 September 2014

Home Sweet Home and Cocktail Couture

After two weeks of adventures I returned to London on Saturday evening, sad to be at the end of an amazing trip to China (more on that later) but happy to be breathing in London's comparatively fresh air and for it not to be grey and miserable. To further cure my post-holiday blues, my mother and I headed to The Lobby Bar at One Aldwych on Sunday afternoon to sample their "cocktail courture" menu which celebrates the four fashion capitals - having missed London Fashion Week while I was on my travels it was nice to have a little taste of it. The cocktail courture menu is all based on Tanqueray Gin - long-term blog readers will know that I am the Gin Queen and so this menu sounded perfect albeit a complete nightmare in indecision.

After being seated at high backed chairs with a view of the rest of the bar, I opted for the Temperley-inspired English Rose and my drinking companion for the Moschino-inspired La Dolce Vita - I'm not sure if this decision was based on it containing Champagne or on it being served in an intriguing sounding "cat glass". Both cocktails were delicious - the rose flavours in mine were perfect for a late summer afternoon and the cat-shaped glass made for one of the most unique cocktails I've ever seen.


We couldn't turn down a second drink (like mother like daughter, eh?) so I sipped on a Blanc et Noir (inspired by Karl Lagerfeld) and my mother chose the Calvin Klein-inspired New York New York while we had a good old catch-up about my travels and nibbled on spicy nuts and olives. Our waiter warned us that the New York New York was rather strong and he was not wrong! My drink was super refreshing and so different from my first despite containing the same base spirit.


The cocktail couture menu is only available until 2nd October but the afternoon tea being enjoyed by some of our fellow guests looked pretty good (even more so after the second cocktail) so I'm definitely tempted to re-visit One Aldwych.

What's your favourite cocktail?

Share:

3 comments

  1. Those cocktails look great. I had a fab virgin mojito on holiday that was so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great photos, I love just daydreaming away in other people's travels.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig