Tuesday, 2 September 2014

A Cultural Weekend In The City

Well, outfit posts and burgers are cultural too, I guess.

On Saturday, Sarah and I headed to the Old Vic to see what is fast becoming the most talked-about play of the summer - Arthur Miller's The Crucible starring Richard Armitage. Having heard how long the play is, a little catch-up was in order first - reverting to true "blogger behaviour" we snapped outfit photos and headed to Byron. Sitting down for four hours calls for courgette fries and chocolate brownies.

The play was ah-mazing. Super intense throughout with great performances from all the cast, even if Mr Armitage does completely steal the show. Leaving the theatre afterwards and returning back to a sunny London afternoon felt surreal after 4 hours in 17th century Salem. A story that will stay with you long after the standing ovation and final bow. Go see it (if there are any tickets left).

Skirt: American Apparel, Sandals: Office, Skirt: Zara, Sunglasses: ASOS
Oh hi, Bryn.
Practicing sitting down ahead of the play.
Byron veggie burger and courgette fries.
Chocolate brownie sans ice cream.
"Behind slim pillar" = bargain price ticket.
One for the memories box.


Have you seen / read The Crucible?
Share:

4 comments

  1. This sounds awesome, I haven't been to the theatre for AGES!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did The Crucible for GCSE and I love it! Wish it would come to Birmingham or maybe I should travel to London.. That food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! I really enjoyed reading The Crucible when I was younger and I bet it's great to see on stage.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig