Monday, 4 August 2014

#LittleThings

There are lots of little things in life worth celebrating. I don't need to be told twice, this is a "fash-un" blog after all.



Freixenet have made a series of videos about the little things in life - such as finding a dress in your size on sale. According to researches, 68% of women get pleasure from finding an item on sale compared to only 35% of men. Who knew?

As sale season is in full swing, I thought I'd share some of my sale picks - fingers crossed they're still available in my size so I can celebrate my own #LittleThing!

Unique oversized backpack - £290 to £90; KG heels £210 - £99, Topshop Pineapple print dress £36 - £20;  Youth Culture by Jovonna Striped bomber jacket - £70 - £40; Topshop Suede skirt £95 -50 (all from Topshop online)
The sales can be a stressful, impulse purchasing, money-wasting nightmare. Take a deep breath, step away from the credit card and think about what works for your lifestyle and what you might, dare I say it, actually need. Backpacks are a good investment and are not just for hipsters - I'm a convert since I started using one earlier this summer, no more achy shoulders. The minimal sandal trend is one I still like and these block colour heels will seamlessly go from summer to autumn and beyond. I still love pineapple prints because #bloggerswearpineapples after all and this dress is a bargain that I wouldn't regret - summer style seems to date much less quickly (probably because we wear it so infrequently so need things that can last a few seasons). It'll soon be jacket season so ease yourself in gently with a bomber which can be layered over summer clothes. The 60s are a key trend for next season and a wearable one at that - this suede skirt is spot on for cut and fabric.

What are you favourite sale bargains? And what #LittleThing do you appreciate the most?
Share:

4 comments

  1. Totally love the pineapple dress and the shoes. I seriously cannot wait to go shopping for a new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers do wear pineapples! The block heels are amazing.
    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig