Monday, 25 August 2014

August Bank Holiday Weekend In The City

It's the last Bank Holiday before Christmas (sob) so obviously the weather forecast was so-so.

Having neglected London a little this summer it was nice to have a weekend of solo wanderings - headphones in, trainers on and coffee in hand - just me and the city. As an obsessive planner (please give at least 3 weeks' notice for weekend plans) and a constant talker an unplanned weekend where "tall iced soya latte please thank you" was possibly my longest sentence was just what I needed!

Early morning Saturday run in the sunshine - I'm doing a half marathon in November which now seems quite close!
Beautiful display of poppies at the Tower of London. Perfect to see them in the sunshine while no one else was around.
Perfume and accessories. I got sent this little bottle of Angel as part of their #AngelCandy campaign and its the perfect summer scent. The sweet pretzel ring is from Hyper Japan.
Lunch on Brick Lane. Still not bored of falafal and halloumi! Making the most of al fresco eating while I still can.
Got my haircut - after a summer of festivals it was a bit of a mess. Amazing what different a quick trim makes and had an espresso martini while it was being cut at Taylor Taylor. Definitely going back next time!
Bank holiday mani. Super easy glitter French tips.
Sunday lift selfie. I still don't have a full length mirror in my flat (it's only been 4 months)! Vintage top, Topshop scarf and Forever 21 skirt.
I took the Thames Clipper to Greenwich - definitely the nicest form of public transport and you see things you wouldn't otherwise - this is the Traitor's Gate at the Tower of London.
Tower Bridge, not London Bridge. Had fun standing on the back deck of the boat, pretending to be a tourist and snapping away with my camera.
Nautical but nice.
Back on the Books About Town trail in Greenwich. Wandered all through the town and around the park. This is The Canterbury Tales.
The Railway Children.
Samuel Pepys' Diary.
Adrian Mole.
Dr Johnson's Dictionary.
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
The Origin of the Species.
We're Going On A Bear Hunt.
The Time Machine.
The view from the Observatory is one of my favourites in London, it's worth the steep climb through the park for this. I had a good wander through the park feeling like I had gone to the countryside for the day - there's just so much space!
The Jungle Book.
Elmer The Elephant.
Captain Scott's Autobiography.
Driving the boat back to central London.
I'm now feeling slightly old watching Enter Shikari at Reading Festival on iPlayer, making birthday plans for my 27th (had to double-check that the other day but, yes, I am soon to be that old) and in a slight excited panic about my up-coming trip to China in September (mostly about what I'm going to eat there) - ready for thing to get hectic again? I think so! 
 
How was your Bank Holiday?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I really must get to the Tower of London (and Greenwich!) Your hair looks fab :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Big Ben is lovely. I always forget how beautiful London is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those benches are wonderful! Also I think I need to find a hairdresser that will give me an espresso martini

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig