Thursday, 31 July 2014

Hyper Japan 2014

I'm a big fan of Japanese food and culture so couldn't wait to check out Hyper Japan on Sunday with Michelle. Arriving at Earl's Court at 11am we definitely beat the crazy rush - I forgot how popular the event is and how packed it gets. I had some great food, picked up a few goodies and felt very tempted to jump on the next plane to Japan - I went on my gap yah and would love to go back one day. For now, though, Earl's Court is as far away as I'm going for a little bit of Japan:


Now if someone could just buy me the Rilakumma chair for my flat? The Kawaii section was my favourite at the exhibition - Hello Kitty has some competition these days. There's a lot more to Japanese food than sushi, I love takoyaki (octopus balls - they taste a lot nicer than they sound, I promise) so it was great to snack on them between shopping and tacoyaki is a must try too (a sort of toaster pastry with a range of sweet or savory fillings - maybe a bit more accessible for the less adventurous foodies). I picked up this plushie coffee cup, teddy bear tights, oragami star earrings and a pretzel ring. Once its tights weather again I'll be a bit less sad about it as I'll get to wear these! 
Share:

1 comment

  1. That looks like such a fun event, love the plushie coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig