Tuesday, 29 July 2014

A(nother) Hot Weekend in the City

More sunshine and more London times.


Saturday morning. Already too hot at 8am but went out for a run anyway having signed up for a half marathon on Frirday. The City is so deserted at the weekend - I think most people are too busy rushing around to notice sights like these in the week. I ran through the square mile and along the southbank of the Thames. London looked so stunning in the sunshine.


Matching my post-run breakfast to my nails. The Starbucks app on my phone was such a lifesaver - and this is a yogurt frap so it technically is a breakfast food.


Braving the crowds at Borough Market for a falafal wrap. Worth it. Still obsessed with falafal!


Julius Caesar at The Globe. This was my third play of the season and it was great - I'm always amazed at how the actors can project their voices in such a huge space. The uncomfortable seats are well worth it if you haven't been before (standing is for the very hardcore only).


Floral crown and blue lashes for Hyper Japan (more in another post on the event itself).



More book benches collected at various times throughout the weekend. The last bench in Queen Square had this Book Crossing book beside it - I picked it up and had a flick through but left it for someone else to hopefully claim. I've come across these a couple of times before in London - its a great idea, whoever picks up this book needs to log it online to track its journey, read it and then pass it on. Even in an age of Kindles and iPads (other e-readers and tablets are available) books definitely still have their place.

How was your weekend?
Share:

3 comments

  1. Absolutely love that idea of the book, how lovely. As you say in this technical age it's nice to see something like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love that idea of the book, how lovely. As you say in this technical age it's nice to see something like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book benches are awesome, love the artwork on them!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig