Monday, 7 July 2014

A Weekend (and a Monday) in the City

Hello, July. This year is flying by. Without the milestones of academic years and long summers time seems to go by far too fast. My blog has seen a bit of a change lately - outfit photos have taken a backseat due to a lack of a full length mirror, a blank wall for tripod photos or an outfit photographer boyfriend. I'm working on all three so that I can start blogging outfits again soon although I've been rather restrained on the clothes buying front lately. "Clear out / car boot" has been on my to-do list for far too long and I really need to get into gear before I'm unable to leave my flat due to a deluge of clothes.

This weekend was a rather chilled one, I'm still claiming post-Glastonbury sleep deprivation but managed to drag myself out of an actual bed for some it of:

I popped home and my canary, Sonny, popped out of his cage. He is moulting at the moment so please excuse his scruffy appearance!
John Lewis sent me some vouchers for free coffee and cake. Chocolate and lavender tart for lunch, yes please!
My mum bought me a loom making kit on John Lewis. Being an adult is seriously overrated sometimes.
I made these. It took a while to get my head around how to do it but once it clicked I was addicted!
My mum and I went to see Anthony and Cleopatra at The Globe. Always a good atmosphere - don't forget to hire a cushion!
Street Art on the Southbank.
Finally got to try Hanoi Kitchen at Kerb - I had tofu noodles, so good!
The Tour de France came through London today, made for a bit of a different lunchbreak and there was a great atmosphere even without actually seeing any cyclists. 
How was your weekend?
Share:

5 comments

  1. Why hello there sonny!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good weekend- a bit more sun now and happy days.. Sonny is a lovely colour,

    Maid in Ireland
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonny! Glad you enjoyed more Globe fun!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to the Globe ever since school. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Sonny is gorgeous! I miss having a pet so much xx www.fashionyourseatbelts.net

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig