Wednesday, 11 June 2014

We Love London

Despite the weather, I do love London. Redrow are offering the chance to win a meal for two at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (something that has been on my to-do list for a long time) so I thought I'd share some of the reasons why I love London (when it's not raining).

It's pretty hard to sum up what makes London such a great city in one blog post (although hopefully my past blog posts help give you an idea) but one of my favourite things to do in London is just to go for a walk and explore. It's amazing how many Londoners don't actually know London that well - exploring the city makes you feel like so much more of a Londoner and makes you realise how close everything is and feel smug when non-Londoners take the tube from Covent Garden to Leicester Square. Don't ever do that. Exploring is also free - just grab comfy shoes, good tunes and maybe a walking buddy or two. You never know what you might find on your wanderings (as well as a better sense of direction)...

Summer 2010 saw elephants invade London. They were dotted all over the city before they were re-united at the Chelsea Barracks.
Easter 2012 saw the Big (make that epic) Egg Hunt come to London. 210 eggs were dotted over the city and my weekends became an egg-quest which saw me snapping eggs during runs along the river, going to new areas of the city and even getting accidentally locked in a private garden.
The Olympics saw Wenlock and Mandeville appearing all over London. I dragged Mummy and Daddy Lipstick on a few walks to look for them. Not sure they were as impressed by Wenlock as I was but they enjoyed seeing Leadenhall Market - a secret gem in the City of London,
Telephone boxes are still a common site in London despite everyone having mobile phones. These ones wouldn't be so good for making calls anyway.
What do you love most about London?
Share:

1 comment

  1. Lovely pictures I have seen a few of the elephants still around there is one hiding in the entrance of 51 Buckingham Gate. The telephone box with the giraffe is superb. Hope you are out enjoying the lovely sunshine whilst it lasts Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig