Saturday, 12 April 2014

The Breakfast Club

Breakfast, you are my favourite of all the meals. As much as I look forward to lunch and enjoy the time I spend with dinner, you, breakfast will always have a special place in my heart. I'm sorry that I sometimes skip you, rush you or, even worse, eat you at my desk with one eye on my emails while trying not to spill you over my to do list.

To make up for the many "crimes against breakfast", The Breakfast Club serves it all day long (and shares a name with one of my favourite teen films). Now, I know it isn't a new thing to get excited over but tales of long queues had previously put me off giving breakfast the attention and appreciation it deserves. It turns out that 2.30pm on a Saturday is an ideal time to enjoy the most important of meals - no queues, enough time to work up an appetite and its past midday so you can have a cocktail!

 My friend P and I visited the Hoxton Square branch - the decor and staff were satisfyingly "Shoreditch cool" and the food definitely lived up to the hype and numerous pictures I've seen of it on Instagram. We sat on a long shared table - great for seeing what other diners were eating, less good for conversation although the slightly-too-loud music (abandoning all pretense of "Shoreditch cool" here) meant that we didn't linger long after we'd finished our afternoon breakfasts. All the same, I'll be back for the veggie breakfast burrito!
The menu has all the usual breakfast suspects - whether you fancy sweet or savory, or both in the same meal its covered. There are some "healthy" granolas and porridges which would be great if I ever come at actual breakfast time and plenty of veggie options too.
I started with an Americano with soya milk on the side (I want to drink everything out of little milk bottles)
P had the American pancakes - pancakes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, eggs of your choosing and maple syrup

I had the poached egg and avocado on multigrain toast - the egg was perfect, not too runny, not too hard
Breakfast was accompanied by this giant dog running around - I can't guarantee he'll be there next time though!
 Have you visited The Breakfast Club?

Share:

4 comments

  1. That all looks great, I love having breakfast out when I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! All of this looks divine!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you are making me hungry, that toast looks amazing...

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal too! Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig