Tuesday, 1 April 2014

March Empties

Another month over, another empties post...


1. Head & Shoulders Apple Fresh shampoo and conditioner - I got these to try as part of the Glamour reader panel, I love all things apple-y so predictably loved the scent of these. They're not the most glamorous products in the haircare world but they left my hair feeling squeaky clean and were a great gym bag addition.

2. John Frieda Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner - I'm always looking for ways to brighten up my dark blonde hair without resorting to bleach. I'm not sure if these actually made a difference to the colour of my hair but as a shampoo and conditioner they were great and I'd definitely re-purchase them next time Boots has them on offer.

3. Quitaesmalte Instantaneo Manos - Basically Spanish for nail polish remover (I think). This is a similar concept to the Bourjois quick polish remover that everyone went crazy a few months ago, bought on a Spanish holiday.

4. Radox Eastern-Inspired shower gel - standard "on offer in Boots" purchase!

5. Rituals Fortune Scrub - This came free with Marie Claire (I think) - it smelled really citrus-y and fresh - great for morning showers.

6.Panda blotting paper - Definitely bought this for the packaging but I love blotting paper for getting rid of shine without having to apply more make-up.

7. 24 Hour Lasting Eyeliner - A purchase from my trip to Hong Kong last year, this is my favourite eyeliner - it has a perfect fine line and lasts all day (and occasionally into the next day) without smudging or wearing off. So glad I purchased two on my visit.

8. Topshop False Lash Mascara - I'm a big fan of the Topshop make-up range and the mascara didn't disappoint. A good sized brush and left my lashes dark and full-looking, amazing for around £8.

9. Espa Hydrating Cleansing Milk - I'm not usually a fan of cleansing milks but this little bottle smelled so good and did a great job of taking off my make-up without drying my skin (which has been predictably dry in our recent unpredictable is-it-winter-is-it-spring weather).

10. YSL Youth Liberator Serum - This felt so luxurious, possibly a placebo effect from me knowing that it was YSL but I loved how this was light yet super hydrating and left my skin feeling silky soft. Waiting for an "oh sod it" impulse buy moment to re-purchase.

11. Benefit Benetint -  This now rather sad looking bottle was a Glamour magazine freebie. Great for an on-the-go cheek or lip stain, I was scared of this product for ages but its actually so easy to use and looks really natural - just blend it super quickly!

Which products have you used up this month?

Share:

3 comments

  1. I haven't used any of these products but I do like the sound of the YSL serum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen blotting paper in years! I would have bought for the packaging as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need some new mascara, tempted to try the Topshop one :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig