Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Craft Sunday: Art 4 Fun

My "real life" is not particularly creative - I actually work in the City so weekdays consist of phone calls, emails, documents - y'know, grown-up work stuff. Some of my fellow City worker friends and I were feeling the need to use our creative sides which definitely get neglected when you don't work in a creative industry. We headed to Art 4 Fun in West Hampstead on Sunday for an afternoon of pottery painting. It turns out that three hours of painting a mug is not only a good outlet for creativity but is also strangely relaxing despite the amount of concentration required not to make a complete mess or end up wearing the paint.

Art 4 Fun has a really relaxed vibe - you pay a studio fee of £5.95 and then just pay for the item you paint. Drinks and snacks are available to buy or you can bring your own, even a bottle of wine if you fancy (I was far too serious about creating something half decent to let alcohol ruin it). There are lots of helpers on hand to answer painting questions and explain different techniques.You can keep it simple with stamps and stencils or be more adventurous with paint-flicking techniques and arty brushwork.

I kept my design simple because I find these things always are harder then they look. My design actually turned out very geometric - I'm sure that says something about my personality but I'm not sure quite what. The shop will put our finished artwork in the kiln and the end result will be much brighter and shinier. I can't wait to see it in a weeks' time!

How do you use your creative side?
Share:

4 comments

  1. This is such a nice idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's nice to release your creativity now and then with some crafts. I really should get back into cross stitching or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such an ace idea, can't wait to see your finished cup!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig