Sunday, 16 March 2014

The No Bake Bake-Off

Being a rather undomestic goddess, I don't actually have an oven in my flat. My kitchen is in a cupboard so there isn't really room for one anyway.

When other members of the Dream Team offered to bake for my indoor picnic, I thought that I should probably participate in the bake off action too so here are some no-bake-bake ideas for others who are oven-less or just want something quick and easy to make that doesn't requite any cooking.

1. Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites (inspired by Laura's recipe)

I love salt and sweet combinations so knew that this would be a winner. And it only needs three ingredients, all of which can be picked up in a small London supermarket. The cooking chocolate was so hard to break up but after smashing it into pieces I melted it in the microwave in a big Tuppawear bowl. I then stirred in the peanut butter and gave it another blast in the microwave. I used about a third of the pretzels and crumbled them into the melted chocolate mixture before spooning the mix into paper cases. A whole pretzel on the top of each one makes a nice finishing touch!

These could be made with digestive biscuits rather than pretzels for more of a rocky road type no-bake-bake or you could add in dried fruits, marshmallows, sweets etc. 


 2. Chocolate-chocolate peanut butter crispies

Rice crispie cakes are the obvious no-bake-bake but I wanted to make ones which were a bit different. Using Coco Pops makes them a bit chocolate-y-er and dark chocolate gives them a more grown up look and taste, although this is more because I just don't like milk chocolate as crispie cakes are hardly the peak of grown up eating! Some recipes call for golden syrup or marshmallows but I thought this sounded potentially sickly and, even worse, messy so decided to use keep the peanut butter theme:

These are so, so easy. Simply melt all the chocolate, stir in the peanut butter and then keep adding the Coco Pops until no more can be mixed in. Divide into cake cakes and leave to harden. Lick bowl and feel like a slightly more domestic goddess than you were before.

What are your favourite no-bake recipes?
Share:

10 comments

  1. You are my no-bake QUEEN! My inspiration. I will be whipping these up in due course. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my no-bake QUEEN! My inspiration. I will be whipping these up in due course. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my no-bake QUEEN! My inspiration. I will be whipping these up in due course. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah saz is a little excited! I can confirm those rice crispy cakes were lush!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ideas for your indoor picnic. Now the weather is nicer you can take it outside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound amazing, I love pretzels!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig