Thursday, 27 March 2014

Polka Dots and Giant Buttons

Visiting the Classic Car Boot made me want to wear something vintage, or just vintage inspired.I wish I had the commitment to dress full on vintage every day but in real life I work in an office and don't have the energy to backcomb a beehive every morning. I am so envious of those who do live out the vintage dream on a daily basis. Trends are so transient and having an era to dress for must make life easier in some aspects, hair styling time aside. Although I am a fickle girl and love dabbling in seasonal trends too much to only dress from one decade. If I had to pick a decade to dress from I'd be torn between the 1950s and the 1980s - I love the femininity of the former decade and the power dressing brashness of the latter. This outfit takes a bit from both (as well as combining true vintage and vintage-inspired).

Emily and Finn Dress, Vintage Jacket and Earrings, Accurist Watch, Gilda's Tryst Bag, Duo Brogues, Primark Ankle Socks
Thank you to Sophie for taking the pictures.

Which era is your favourite for fashion?




Share:

6 comments

  1. This outfit looks so good on you, I was going to say at first I love the red socks it adds a lovely touch, but then I scrolled down and saw the red jacket which looks amazing on you!! You look fab! xxx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1920s for it's flapper fashion. Stunning.

    Really enjoying this outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress, got to love polka dots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this vintage look. And it's such a cute dress. Your hair and make up goes perfectly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily this outfit is so cute!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous dress, I love my vintage dresses and for me it's the 40's and 50's style I love, although I think my dresses are probably from the 80's!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig