Thursday, 6 March 2014

Le Ski

I've just returned from a week of skiing - as a dedicated city girl, it was a huge change of scenery (and wardrobe). Swapping the grey, rainy city for clean mountain air and blue skies was lovely. Swapping heels and dresses for ski wear was more of a challenge but seems like skiing in a skirt isn't really the done thing.

A group of us stayed in La Clusaz which is a quaint little alpine French town - much more family orientated than some of the flashier resorts which only added to the much-needed "break from the city" element. We stayed in a cosy chalet complete with open fire and outdoor hot tub - perfect for sipping a G&T while stargazing (no clouds or light pollution in the mountains). To add to the escapism from the world, the TV in the chalet didn't work and my phone's 3G remained switched off - turns out that's all you need to actually finish a book on your Kindle and it was lovely to spend evenings cooking dinner and playing board games with friends rather than my usual "eat Itsu box in front of laptop" (my part in the cooking of dinner was rather minimal I have to say). ♥ holidays. 

Here are some of my favourite photos, as always, food photos a-plenty:
The village square.
Goats cheese three ways - how France does salads.
Snowy morning.
Sunny morning.
More cheese.
Little alpine chalets.
Selfie time.
Goat's cheese crepe eaten al-fresco.
Chocolat chaud.
Last holiday meal on the way home - burger time!
Where are you escaping to next on holiday?



Share:

5 comments

  1. Wow it looks absolutely beautiful. I would love to learn how to ski one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually cooked haha? I hate skiing but love ski holidays. This place looks so lovely, I wanna get back to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scenery looks so stunning! I love snowy rooftops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks amazing, I'd eat that kind of salad any day ;)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pictures Lily. Makes me almost wish forn snow! ALMOST!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig